South Florida Mudjaking
Preventative Maintenance Support Services specializes in professional residential and commercial concrete services in Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Lake Worth, Delray Beach, Manalapan and surrounding communities.
Mudjacking or slabjacking (or “pressure grouting”) is a method of leveling uneven concrete that involves drilling a hole in a concrete slab and pumping in high-pressure foam or “slurry” (concrete, sand and water) to fill any empty spaces beneath the slab. Once the void has been filled, more slurry is pumped in to “lift” the depressed concrete.
Mudjacking offers a number of advantages over removing and replacing uneven concrete slabs:
- Mudjacking is extremely fast.
- Mudjacking is substantially cheaper than removing and re-pouring a new slab.
- Mudjacking is a simple way of improving a property’s appearance.
- Mudjacking requires little to no curing time.
- Mudjacking can be used on concrete steps.
- Mudjacking leaves all original slabs in place so the slabs continue to match in color and shape.
Mudjacking is particularly effective in South Florida in communities like Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Lantana and surrounding cities where sand and sandstone can shift under slabs causing unevenness. Tropical storms and hurricanes can quickly erode soils under a foundation. Mudjacking not only repairs this damage, but it can help slow any future damage.
Depending on the nature of your property’s damage and the size of the slab, Preventative Maintenance may suggest mudjacking or concrete pin piles as a way to level your concrete. Concrete pin piles work similarly but involve drilling far below the foundation to reach immobile compressed soil or stone deeper in the ground, then filling the new hole with concrete that’s anchored to your foundation.
In some instances, mudjacking is not recommended for the following reasons:
- It could interfere with underground pipes and/or gas lines.
- Raising a poorly-constructed slab could cause it to break or crack.
- If the underlying soil beneath your slab is particularly weak, mudjacking may only be a temporary solution as the slurry itself could settle over time, too.
Our contractors will point out all the benefits and risks before recommending any approach, and we’ll work closely with you to ensure you have a long-term solution in place.
Our professional mudjacking services help your sidewalks, parking lots, walkways and other surfaces withstand South Florida’s weak and compressible soils. Preventative Maintenance offers professional mudjacking services in Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Boca Raton and surrounding communities. We are licensed and insured, use superior quality materials and offer an extended warranty on all of our mudjacking services.